Saturday, August 8, 2009

Graduation Cake and First try at homemade Marshmallow Fondant


So this is my first ever try at homemade marshmallow fondant. IT is super easy to make! I however did a double batch and didn't obtain quite the right consistency. Next time I will do a half batch to see if I can get it absolutely right. It was a little to soft this time.

I have to say I am not a fan of the fondant for eating. There is just no taste, but I love it for decorating because you can get such a cleaner finish. Now with the marshmallow fondant I found the taste to be MUCH better!! Would totally eat it rather than pealing it off as I normally do.


This test cake was a 3 layer 6 inch milk chocolate with chocolate butter cream.
















NT+008.JPG" border=0>

This is the gradus=blsp-spelling-error id=SPELLING_ERROR_0>ation cake I made a while back for my nephew Verle who was graduating from High School. I had orginally made the little graduation hats to be suckers for everyone but then at the last minute thought they would be fun on the cake. I was also going for a wonky stripe effect. Don't think I quite got it but that's ok. I was kind of rushed on this for sure because I didn't know untill the very last minute if I was going to be able to do it. All in all I think it turned out pretty well.>

I cant quite _ERROR_2>remember the cake flavor, I think it was yellow cake, 2 layers with a layer of Twink>ies and a ReseesNG_ERROR_6> PeanutNT>butter cup buttercream filling.

The "POPS" are mini Resees with Chocolate aquares on top, and fondant tassels.




















2 comments:

Cameron and Amy said...

The cake was really yummy! Cameron and the kids loved it too. You're amazing! When I grow up, I want to be like you.

Misty said...

Wow, Julie! I had no idea. You are a talented cake decorator!!