Thursday, September 10, 2009

Utah State Fair

Growing up in Los Angeles, CA I never thought I would be participating in "fairs", we just don't have them where I grew up, it was more likely I would be participating in a street fight, just kidding, but really not "Fairs" Well "When in Rome...", so now that I live in Utah and have discovered the domestic goddess within I thought "Hey, why not" And I entered some Raspberry Jam, and a Carrot Cake. The Jam was not a winner but he stood tall and proud non the less. And to my TOTAL shock my carrot cake won FIRST PLACE!! I don't usually like to toot my own horn, but hey this time I will. I have NEVER won anything, every!!! Well there were a few scratcher lottery tickets in the 90's , but I have reformed my ways so those don't count. So yep I won with my carrot cake recipe. Who knew.

Below is my carrot cake, oops I mean my WINNING carrot cake :)
And a shout out to Mary Kate, Thanks for lending me the Bunt Pan at the last minute, may have been the key to my success :)








4 comments:

MaryKate said...

I am so excited for you, I have the hugest smile on my face right now! Way to go, girl!!

me said...

dont you just LOVE fairs?! congrats on the ribbon thats awesome!

Cameron and Amy said...

Right on! I'm so proud of you!! You do great jobs with everything you do!

Reba said...

Wahoo a blue ribbon?!! Sweet! I want your recipe... or at least a taste anyway of that yummy cake. Ha