Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Magical Paci Fairy

Well the time had finally come for Jamison to kick the "Paci". He was using it only to go to sleep at night and at naps, but I just felt it was time.
I went through a few different approaches with him on this.
The first was me suggesting we give it to baby Lea down the street and no joke he basically told me, No her mom can buy her one.
Next I tried the whole lets go to the Zoo and give it to the baby animals. And again, no joke, he said "they don't have hands" Like they can't put the Pacifier in without hands.
So finally I said .." Ok Jamison I am going to tell you a secret, There is a Magical Paci Fairy that comes and takes Paci's that little boys and girls leave in a special bag in the tree in their front yard and for giving away their paci she leaves a really special present!!!" Having just come off Christmas and Easter I was hopeful he would bite. And he did. Yea!!! So the next day we went to the Dollar store and he picked out a very special bag for his paci and then he received a very special phone call from the Magical Paci fairy. A big thank you to Mary at Terrys work for all her help;). He even got another call just before bed from the Fairy to remind Jamison about their deal.
And I have to say he did so well. It took about 2 1/2 hours for him to fall asleep and we had to go in a million times for drinks of water but her never cried for the paci. The next morning he woke up very excited to see what had happened and was over joyed to get a Lightening McQueen DVD!!!















No comments: