Sunday, December 7, 2008

First Presidency Christmas Devotional

12/7/08
Tonight we were supposed to go with our friends the McNeelys to the Christmas Devotional at the Conference Center in Salt Lake, but unfortunately they weren't able to come down after all. But they were very sweet and sent us the tickets to go anyway.

We went with Rhonda and Verl while Andy and Aubrey watched Jamison at our place and Dan and Tyler came to hang out with Jamison too. I have to admit that I started to have a small anxiety attack this afternoon while getting ready to leave. We have only left Jamison 3 times and for some reason this one was really freaking me out. He was fine of course, I don't think he even knew we were gone.

Anyhow, the devotional was really nice. Great talks, great music, very relaxing. The Prophet conducted and spoke at the end. I guess it is one of the perks of our time in Utah, getting to see the prophet in person. We are very lucky.

When the devotional was over we made our way to the parking structure feeling joyful and filled with the Christmas spirit, got to the 4th floor, below ground that is, and sat in line about 10 feet from our parking spot for 1HOUR!!!! After the first 15 minutes Terry had had enough and went up to the street and directed traffic for 45 minutes. By the time we got up to him he was a popsicle, but had had a good time. I was a bit jealous. I've always wanted to do that. He sure saved the day. GO TERRY :)

So begins the holiday season. Thanks again Amy and Jason. I sure wish you guys could have made it.

No comments: