Tuesday, December 2, 2008

California, November 2008

So we are back home after a very overdue trip to my hometown of Los Angeles, California. The orginal plan was to visit in Los Angeles from the 21st until the 26th, when we would then head to my sisters in Gilbert, AZ for Thanksgiving. But the day before we were to leave one of her boys came down with the flu. And as you may have read I had just finished with that and didn't want to go through it again. So after much heartach we decided we would stay in California while the majority of the rest of the fam headed out there. They had fun but ALL ended up with the flu at her house. While I was very upset about not being there, I sure was glad not to be sick again.

The extended stay in LA was nice. We spent Thanksgiving at my Aunt Debbies with her family and my Aunt Kims family. It was SOOOOO GREAT to see them after so long and I ws so glad that Terry finially got to meet some of my extended family. We had a great time but it never is enough.

I have a bunch of pics I want to post but have to get them from my brother as they are on his laptop so that will be next. The one on top here was from the tour we took at my sisters work. She is a chef at the Jim Hensons studios in Hollywood. We went there to visit her on Wed before Thanksgiving and got a very nice behind the scenes tour because things were so slow with the holiday and all. This is a pic we tood in Dave Hensons office. We were asked if we wanted to take a pic with one of the Emmys and i figured now that I live out of state I can be a dorky tourist, so we went for it. They were so nice there. Because I am using this as my family journal I will post more info and pics later too.

No comments: