Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Family Home Evening and Twinkies

Oh theses pictures make me laugh. You probably really had to be there to get the full effect but I had to document it anyway.

Well we have been really trying to make sure to do our Family Home Evenings. It is easy for me because I just use the nursery lesson, which I'm sure Jamison doesn't realize he's getting for the second time due to the craziness that occurs in nursery. This particular night Terry was in charge of "treats" and we got a Twinkie. Holy cow the child about lost his mind. As many of you know as a general rule we don't give Jamison a lot of sweets. Some times all it takes is as much as one cookie, but when he gets too much sugar he breaks out in a really bad rash on his bottom and around his mouth. So to have a WHOLE Twinkie was a very special treat. He was running around, hiding in his tunnel, squealing with delight with the sugary cream spread across his face all the while trying to lick it off with his tongue. He was so funny, totally in sugar Heaven. Then today at the doctors office, our sweet Dr. Beckstead gave him a sucker. Jamison took it out of his hand and said "no,no,no,no" Now that's my boy. I had to laugh, poor kid, we let him have the sucker and he was the happiest kid ever. Why are sweets sooooo good and yet sooooooo evil :)

2 comments:

Happy2Bme said...

Jamison is so cute! I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog via Wendy's. It's fun to know what's going on in our neighborhood. :)

Jess said...

Very cute crazy boy!