Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!!

Today Terry and I celebrate 3 years of marriage..... "Mawage is what bwings us togeva today" (Princess Bride) :)

So I thought since I am in the cake practicing mood this was a perfect opportunity to try out a new one. I was feeling a bit hurried so I wasn't able to relax and smooth out the butter cream like I would have liked, or let the cake sit in the fridge between frosting's, etc. Also I ran out of black dye gel so the piping work and the rest of the fondant circles didn't make their debut.
All things considered I am some what pleased. I mainly wanted to try a bow. They are so much easier than I though. I watched a quick demo on You Tube and went for it. I also am sooo happy because I think I've found a butter cream recipe I like. This is another Devils Food cake mix this time with a cup of dark chocolate pudding mixed in to the batter, I'm hopping it will add to an even moister cake. And a cookies and cream butter cream filling. Yummy!!

Well it has been a busy 3 years. It was s struggle the first little bit but I think we are starting to hit a nice stride. We are very happy living in Bountiful with Jamison and are very very happy to be spending more time with Zach. In fact he's coming out to visit us here in Utah in a couple weeks. Thrilled about that!!!

So there it is Happy Anniversary, LOVE YA LOTS!!









2 comments:

MaryKate said...

love it! (the cake) love ya guys too! Happy A. day!!!!

me said...

that cake is awesome!