Thursday, September 29, 2011

Camping

Camping!!!!

OK maybe not so much but this little boy has been begging to go on a camping trip since last winter. Thank you Handy Manny for that one. Anyhow this particular day he got it in his head that he wanted to camp on the floor in his room and spent the entire day trying to create a tent with his blankets. He was over the moon when I granted his wish to let him build a tent and sleep on the floor of his room. He added a specific request that we make sure he was on the floor in the tent, daddy could sleep on his bed, and I was to just stay in my room. Nice, pushed out of the boys club already.

As bed time approached and I gathered Terry and Jamison together to get his room ready I was surprised to have Jamison tell me he wanted his mattress on the floor for camping and no tent. I guess his efforts from earlier in the day lead to him being over it and he just wanted to be on the floor surrounded by all his "FRIENDS". He was so excited and in the morning when I asked him if he has slept well he said, "Yes it was so cool!!"

I LOVE the simple joys of life.





No comments: