Sunday, July 19, 2009

Baby Shower and Cake

This week a friend of mine, Amy, and I threw a shower for our friend Kim. This is the cake I made for the shower. The cake is marble with chocolate moose filling. Unfortunately the 90 degree weather and my lack of air conditioning were a bit of a challenge while working with the butter cream and fondant as you can imagine. But it got done and that was great.



I also made jumbo cupcakes. I did two from scratch, buttermilk chocolate and carrot. And two box mixes bumped up a bit, coconut cake with shredded coconut and french vanilla with white chocolate chips.


Ok Amy made the CUTEST bootie sock flower arrangements!!! I love them and am totally going to bite this idea from her.
She also made a sweet diaper cake. I thought the center piece looked so awesome!!
Plus she made a VERY yummy fruit dip that I will be stealing from her also :)


Unfortunately I got all caught up in the party and forgot to take pictures. So these are a few I scrambled to get.




Well it was a fun shower and we wish Kim lots of luck and much love with her newest little Rew. :)
And a big Thank You, Thank You , Thank You to April for letting us use her beautiful home. It was fun working with Amy, she is so awesome, and hopefully I didn't drive her too crazy.

No comments: