Friday, November 20, 2009

2 Cars

Earlier this week I took Jamison out to Layton to his pediatrician for the good old flu shot. After that I thought I would let him burn off some energy running around the mall.
It was November 17th, Not even Thanksgiving yet mind you, butthere was Santa and his little helpers all set up and ready to go. I took Jamison over and asked him if he wanted to go see Santa to which he replied "No, No, No!" So I said " OK , let me know if you change your mind" and off we went. A little later while shopping around he suddenly says" I see Santa", me, " You want o see Santa now?", Jamison, "OOOOKayyy!" Alrighty then. So we stopped what we were doing and headed right back over to Santa. He was so cute, he slowly walked up to Santa, body straight, arms straight down at his side like a little soldier, head straight forward with his eyes aimed high trying to figure the whole situation out. Santa of course gave a very Jolly welcome and invited Jamison to sit up on his lap. He then followed suit by asking Jamison what he wanted for Christmas. He replied in a VERY low whisper "2 Cars". Totally unrehearsed, 2 Cars. That's my boy he loves his cars. I had to repeat it to Santa because apparently my motherhood hearing super powers are stronger than his Jolly Old Saint Nick I see you when your sleeping, I know when your awake powers. :)
Then he did me the biggest favor of the season. He told Jamison he had to be a good boy and eat ALL HIS DINNER and clean up all his toys. Jamison replied" OOOOKayyyyy" , gave him a hug, and we were off. I of course played it up with a big, " wow your so lucky you got to see Santa!".
Now I have to say Jamison has been not so compliant at dinner time lately. He eats his fruit and is done. And if I don't offer the fruit, he eats nothing. He is very aware that there are no snacks after dinner and thus we have had a some not so enjoyable evenings with a hungry, grumpy little boy. So that night as the same scenario was being played out during dinner I reminded Jamison that Santa said he had to eat ALL HIS DINNER so he could bring him 2 cars. He stopped whining about being done, looked at Terry and I, picked up his fork took the biggest bit of his food EVER, and finished all his dinner. YES!!!!!!! Terry and I looked at each other with our mouths hanging open. I couldn't believe that he got it. And let me say that every night since we have reminded him about Santa's requirement and dinner is handled. We also are reminded SEVERAL times through out the day "good boy, Santa 2 cars."
I don't know if we will make it all the way to Christmas, it is still a ways off, Santa may have to make good on his offer a little sooner than originally planned if we want to keep him on track .We'll have to see on that. It just amazes me how fast he is growing up and how much he is learning. Time is going too fast.


No comments: